Imagine a boring person is calling you all the time. But you don’t want to receive call or SMS from that person. And even if you reject the call, the person continues to insist on wanting to talk to you. Now, surely you want to block the number of that boring person. But unfortunately, there’s actually no such application that can block calls and SMS on iPhone as of this writing.
The function to block calls is very useful and serves us not to be bothered with calls from those unwanted persons. Call block options are available in various phones, but the iPhone still does not provide that. Blocking connections is an internal function of the system and there is no way to block connections on original iPhone.
Fortunately, there is only one way to block unwanted calls and SMS on iPhone, but only for advanced users, who joined the jailbreak. If you happen to have a jailbroken iPhone, though, you can install iBlackList on your iPhone. This is the best call blocker and sms selector available for the iPhone.
Follow the steps below if you have a jailbroken iPhone (any model) and put that annoying number on its block list:
- Open Cydia (You must have Cydia installed if your device is unlocked)
- On the homepage itself you will find a link saying “Featured Packages.” Touch it.
- Under Sponsoring Products, you should see “iBlacklist.” Touch it.
- Tap “Install” in the upper right and then “Confirm”, also in the upper right corner.
- Once installed, open “iBlacklist” and you should turn on the “Enabled”.
- Now, tap the Blacklist, and then create a new list or tap General BL.
- Once inside, touch the “+” button in the upper, right corner.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can choose to add the number you want to block from contacts, calls or SMS. You can also choose whether to block calls/SMS or both. The specific person will receive an automatic response SMS saying: “I’m busy” or something. You can also choose to send the call directly to voicemail, the caller will hear a busy signal, hang up or accept and no action.
And you are done. The specific caller is locked. He/she should not bother you anymore.
If the blocking person calls or send SMS, you will receive a short notice near the battery. You can open iBlacklist to view the history.
Video: Call blocking for iPhone with iBlacklist