Learn how to manage mobile data usage on iphone.
Apple’s mobile operating system iOS 7 offers the ability to view and review the use of mobile data in detail on iPhone. In this way you can manage mobile data usage on iPhone. This information allows you to know the consumption of mobile data for a certain period. You can also know the exact number of megabytes consumed by each application on your mobile. These data are useful to control the maximum data consumption. Let’s see the tutorial on how to manage mobile data usage on iPhone.
How to manage mobile data usage on an iPhone
This is a procedure that lets you know the mega bytes consumed by your mobile for a given period of time. You must simply follow these steps:
- Enter the application settings of your iPhone.
- Tap on the option “Mobile data”.
- Move the screen down, you will see a section with the name “mobile data usage”. In this list you can see both the data used during the current billing period (under the name “Current Period”) and the data consumed abroad (under the name “current roaming Period”).
The detailed consumption data for each application:
Once you know the data usage of your mobile, the next thing you may want to know the mega bytes consumed by each application. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go back into the application settings.
- Tap on the section “Mobile data” (may be labeled Cellular on some devices).
- Move down the page, in the section “Use mobile data” you will see the detailed information of each of the applications installed on your mobile. In the event that you find an application that consumes too much data, you can disable it to not use anymore the data rate of your mobile. To do this, simply tap on the button that appears white on one side of each of the applications for this listing.
- Moreover, if you look at the end of the list you will see that an option appears with the name “System Services”. If you tap on it will get to a new screen where you know the data usage of each of the options on your iPhone. This section is particularly useful when you appreciate the excessive consumption of mobile data on your terminal, allowing you to know who is responsible for data consumption has shot up overnight option.
What are your favorite tips and apps for managing data use? Let us know in the comments!
Like this post? Share it!